Fast Deployment of Oil Booms
Contain your Spills Fast
Question: I am searching for oil booms that could be used to contain an oil spill if necessary. I am intending on keeping this boom around my facility for use in emergencies, so I would prefer one that deploys fast. What would you recommend?
Answer: For the type of containment you have described, there are a couple of different options you could consider. The first would be the Inflatable Boom. This boom is a standard choice for oil containment and deploys quickly, as you require. Read more on our Oil Boom page, and please call us if you have additional questions!
- Deploys Quickly: Can be deployed at a rate of 100 feet per minute
- Strong Material Options: Long-lasting
- Flat when not in Use: This makes it easy to store around your facility.
- Superior Buoyancy: Keeps your materials contained in waves or choppy settings
Another common choice for this type of deployment is the Heavy Duty Inflatable Boom. This boom is great for needed fast response times and contains isolated air chambers to ensure its stability.
Other Oil Boom Options:
- Float Boom: For heavy-duty circumstances, this boom provides a strong barrier around your items.
- Oil Fence Boom: This boom uses rectangular floats making it ideal for storage and use in low flow waters.
- Permanent Containment Booms: These booms are intended for extended use around terminals, docks, marinas and more.
- Pneumatic Boom: For areas with high boat traffic, the pneumatic boom gives you a bubble barrier of protection.