Emergency Spill Kits
Oil Spill Kits
Question: I am intending on creating emergency spill kits to have on hand in the event of a spill on my site. Do you have these?
Answer: There are several kits we have available that could help you in the event of an oil spill on your site. These spills kits come with several different items included in all items and are designed to help you respond quickly to spills that occur on your site.
Typically included in all our emergency spill kits are some of the following items:
- Absorbent Pads
- Absorbent Socks (large and small)
- Absorbent Booms for blocking and containing spills
- Absorbent Pillows
- Disposal Bags for safe containment of materials after cleanup
- Nitrile Gloves & Goggles to keep cleanup members safe during action
- Emergency Response Guide to ensure that cleanup runs smoothly and efficiently
Each spill kit is designed to help you cleanup up a certain amount of oil or chemicals. All cleanup items are typically placed inside a salvage drum or tote box. This box is used as storage and then as containment after materials have been contaminated.
What is included with each kit depends on the gallon size you will be using.
- Spill Kit Size Range: 5 gallons to 150 gallons
How would these emergency spill kits be used?
Typically spill kits are placed in areas where spills are likely to occur. Some common places these kits are implemented is in the following areas:
- Industrial Facilities
Spill kits are used for fast action after spill occurs.
- Depending on the size kit you choose, cleanup crew could quickly place absorbent booms around the spill to contain it to a specific area.
- The spill would then be cleaned up by using the absorbent pads, pillows and socks.
- After use, socks and pads can be placed in disposal bags or the the drum itself. These containers can serve as temporary holding spots until proper disposal can be obtained.
- Absorbing items are interchangeable and can be adapted to meet your specific area.
- Different sizes to meet the needs of your location.
- Provide a fast response to spill.
See all Oil Spill Kit options.