Biodegradable Oil Booms
Oil Absorbent Boom
Question: Hello. I am looking for biodegradable oil booms for spill cleanup. It should be an absorbent boom that can absorb and contain oil. Do you have anything like this?
Answer: Thank you for contacting us! For the type of oil spill cleanup equipment you are looking for, a great choice is the Biodegradable Oil Absorbent Boom. This boom features a biodegradable/natural exterior that helps to absorb, defer, or deflect oil without bringing harm to the surrounding areas or marina life. Booms can be deployed from shores or boats to help control and cleanup your spill. View the Oil Boom page for more information on all products.
Many of the features offered by this boom help to provide additional benefits and advantages to its users. Some of these features include:
- Absorbent Material: As an absorbent product, this boom is designed to effectively and efficiently absorb and contain oil in your location. Booms have been used as flotation cleanup products in water areas to keep spills from spreading or deflecting oil spills from shorelines or other sensitive areas.
- Biodegradable: This boom offers the unique advantage of a biodegradable/natural exterior to help further protect natural areas and limit the amount of additional pollution that enters your spill area.
- Linkable: To help meet several different spill requirements, sizes, and locations, biodegradable oil booms are available in sections measuring five inches by twenty feet (5" x 20') that link together to form larger sections and boom lengths. This can help to match your specific length requirements.
As a biodegradable and absorbing material, this boom has been used in many different locations to help with both land and water chemical and oil spills. Some of the applications these booms have been used in include:
- Protection of Shorelines
- Containment of Oil Spills
- Oil Spill Cleanup
- Deflection of Spills
- Booms around Machinery and Equipment
- Containment of Land Leaks
- Chemical Spill Cleanup and Containment