Oil and Hazmat Sorbents
Spill absorbents are an economical sorbent products designed to successfully contain and absorb spills on your site. With models including booms, pads, socks, and more, each sorbent is made in an oil only, aggressive and universal model, designed to match the spill requirements of your location. Spills are often first contained with socks or booms and then cleaned up with wipes or pads.
|Oil Only Sorbents||Hazmat Absorbents||General Maintenance/
|Spill Kits||Loose Absorbents||Drum Toppers|
Types of Absorbents
- Absorbent Socks: Sorbent socks are similar to the boom, but feature a smaller diameter for containment around land-based spills. Socks are extremely flexible and are often weaved around areas to contain a spill.
- Absorbent Boom: Oil sorbent booms are designed to float in the water. They can be placed around small spills or placed against containment booms to absorb oil and help prevent the spreading of contaminants. View the Absorbent Oil Boom page for more information on product use.
- Absorbent Pads and Rolls: Absorbent pads and rolls are silmilar, with absorbent rolls offering the advantage of customized lengths for smaller leaks and spills around machinery, equipment or other areas. Available in a varity of stregths and absorbent abilities: oil only, chemical, and universal.
- Absorbent Mats and Drum Toppers: Absorbent mats can be placed to protect walkways, underneach machinery, valves or other leaking areas. Drum toppers are pre-cut to line the top of drums
- Absorbent Pillows: For constant drips and spill cleanup efforts that require more absorbent qualities than pads and rolls. Pillows can fit in tight spaces and hard to reach corners, and they can also float for in water use. Still looking for more Oil Absorbent Materials?
- Loose Absorbents: Loose absorbents are just as effective at absorbing oil based spills, but offer more flexibility and range than other structured absorbent products. These can be used when other oil absorbing products won't exactly fit your needs, or in corners or hard to reach places that other products won't fit.
- Hazmat: Hazmat absorbent products are yellow in color, and will absorb any type of liquid.
- Oil Only: Oil absorbent products are usually white, and will only absorb hydrocarbons and oil based spills.
- Universal: Universal Absorbent products will absorb agressive and non aggressive liquids, and are made from polypropylene fiber.
- General Maintenance: General absorbents are usually gray or blue, will absorb all non-aggressive liquids, and is made form cellulose materials.
Why Use Absorbents?
Absorbents are essential to keep on hand in situations where a spill might occur. Staying prepared with spill absorbents will help minimize the impact of a leak or spill, and help keep facilites operating safely. Absorbents are perfect for all types of facilites including:
- Automotive Shops
- Construction Sites
Absorbents For In Water Use - Oil Spill Absorbents
In order to meet the needs of several different site requirements, oil only products featured here are designed to accommodate spills in both land and water based locations. Oil only sorbents are designed to absorb oil based liquid. This means that oil only sorbents are a great option for in water use, as they will not become saturated with water.
Spill Clean Up Products: Spill Kits
While many absorbents are sold individually, products are also available as part of a Spill Response & Clean Up Kit that includes a variety of absorbent products, as well as storage drums, trash bags, ties, safety goggles, gloves, and more. Spill kits can be custom made for your location to best prepare you for quick spill response and spill clean up. For more information, check out our Oil Spill Kits.
Spill Clean Up Absorbent Products
Oil Absorbent Booms: One of the most commonly used items is the oil sorbent boom. Designed to float in the water, these booms can be placed around small spills or placed against larger containment booms to absorb oil and help prevent the spreading of materials. View our Absorbent Boom and Absorbent Booms pages for more product information.
Socks: Sorbent socks are similar to the boom, but feature a smaller diameter for containment around land-based spills. Socks are extremely flexible and are often weaved around areas to contain a spill.
Sorbent Pads, Wipes, and Rolls: For smaller leaks and spills around machinery, equipment or other areas, sorbent pads and wipes are commonly used. These pads can be used to wipe up small spills, valves or other leaking areas.
Sorbent Pillows: For constant drips and spill cleanup efforts that require more absorbent qualities than pads and rolls. Pillows can fit in tight spaces and hard to reach corners, and they can also float for in water use.
When using these materials, please let us know what type of material you will be absorbing so we can make sure you absorbent meets the requirements of your location.