Spill Boom Reel
Hello. I am looking for a spill boom reel and/or a spill boom that I can use for deployment in an open water location. I would need the reel to fit on my boat. What are my options?
Thank you for contacting us! For spill control in water locations, we offer several different booms and reels that could meet your applications. For use on a boat or other water vehicles, items like the containerized reel can be an excellent choice. These reels feature a hydraulically driven reel that has been securely placed inside a ten or twenty foot container. These containers actively work to protect your boom, while still providing an easy way to deploy in the event of a spill.
If you have questions about products, give us a call at (+1) 772.646.0597 or toll free at (+1) 888.703.9889 or request a price quote.
The Containerized Boom Reel is an economical storage and transportation compartment designed to successfully move, store, and deploy your oil boom. These containers typically feature a reel that has been placed inside a steel container with double doors. This helps to protect your boom from damage before it has been deployed.
- Steel Frame
- 10 or 20 ft. Container
- Double Doors
- Polyurethane Epoxy Finish
- Reel Contains Aluminum Core & Gear Motor Drive
- Forklift and Crane Access
- Compartment for Internal Power Pack
- Reel Capacity Options: 700 to 1400 ft.
- Hydraulic Gear
As with many of our boom reels, these containers are designed with fork lift and crane access points to provide an easy transportation onto your boat or other water vessel.
Oil Spill Booms:
In addition to the spill boom reel variety, we also offer several different oil booms that are designed for rapid deployment in spill situations. These booms vary in their construction and can be inflated through a single source or have various inflation points throughout the boom. Models include:
- Single Point Inflatable Boom: This boom inflates from a single source, making it easy to inflate the entire boom all at once. This helps to increase speed and offer quick response times to spills.
- Pneumatic Boom: The pneumatic boom is designed specifically for terminals and uses air nozzles that are pumped with air to form bubbles that rise to the surface and create a barrier. These bubbles are also pumped to the sea floor to help prevent tar balls.
- Boom Net System: The boom net system features an oil containment boom that has features a heavy-duty plastic coated net that has been attached to sweep legs and an apex section for easy use with skimmers.
View More Oil Boom Options